Katy Perry's Solo AMA Appearance Fuels Separation Speculation
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: Donna Ward/Retna Ltd.6 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/GettyImages.com8 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com10 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 20
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com12 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com13 of 20
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com14 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com15 of 20
- Photo: WENN16 of 20
- Photo: RM7/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/17 of 20
- Photo: WENN18 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks19 of 20
By Chris Gardner
Tabloid rumors are nothing new for Katy Perry and Russell Brand, but there's a new round of chatter surrounding the married couple.
On the heels of yet another story suggesting an impending split, Perry stepped out to Sunday night's American Music Awards in downtown Los Angeles, where she turned heads for arriving without Brand in what turned out to be a big night for the "Teenage Dream" star.
Perry showed up to sing her latest single -- an acoustic performance of the regretful love tune "The One That Got Away" -- and immediately after was presented with a special AMA crystal trophy for the rare distinction of having five No. 1 songs on the same album.
Adding fuel to the fire was Perry's acceptance speech, in which she didn't make mention of Brand.
Both were mentioned in a tabloid report last week that suggested their marriage is in trouble due to Brand's close friendship with British comedian Sadie Turner. However, a story on Gossip Cop followed up that claim, calling any possible friction "laughable."
Reps for both Perry and Brand didn't respond to requests seeking comment.
The couple married in October 2010 in a lavish ceremony in India. Not long after, the newlyweds faced numerous stories of marital trouble following a string of solo public appearances for both Perry and Brand. This past summer, Perry addressed the speculation on Twitter. "Just cause we don't flaunt our relationship doesn't mean there's something wrong w/it. Privacy is our luxury," she tweeted in July.
Not that they necessarily have time to flaunt anything other than their résumés. The two have often cited their hectic work schedules for keeping them apart.
RELATED: Katy Perry talks babies
Brand is currently wrapping up a five-show mini comedy tour. The last show is scheduled for tonight in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, Perry is wrapping up her massive 122-date Teenage Dream tour, with final shows scheduled for tonight in Oakland, Calif., and tomorrow night in Los Angeles. She won't have much downtime after that either; Perry announced today on Twitter that she has been tapped for hosting duties on "Saturday Night Live" on Dec. 10, a rare invite for a musical artist.
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
From Tori and Dean to Kendra and Hank, get the scoop on this reality TV couples who are struggling.Watch Video »
Kevin Frazier of "ET" talks to Rihanna, JLO, and more!Watch Video »
TCA Star Walk
Celebs talk to ET about their upcoming TV shows.Watch Video »
Jane Lynch shows off her new ring and the cast talks about what a difference a year makes.Watch Video »
Kate Hudson at the Yankee's Game!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Take 2
From Crowd Ignite