Kellie Pickler on Shaving Her Head: 'It's Just Hair!'
- Photo: Athena Water/.1 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.2 of 16
- Photo: .3 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.4 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.5 of 16
- Photo: Maxim/.6 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America12 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Kellie Pickler is a fully committed cancer buddy.
The 26-year-old country music singer recently shaved her head in support of her best friend, Summer Holt Miller, 35, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in June.
Pickler sat down on Ellen DeGeneres' show Friday and opened up about her decision to go bald with her friend.
"It's just hair!" she said. "I will be honest with you, I was a little nervous and she was too. [We thought], 'I hope we don't have some crazy birthmark or wort or mole or something . . . but we had fun."
The singer revealed that her grandmother passed away from cancer the "very next morning after being diagnosed." Pickler wanted to be there through chemotherapy with Miller.
"When Summer was diagnosed with breast cancer back in June we made a pact that we'd shave our heads together," she said. "I think it's important to have a cancer buddy."
Miller started chemo last week and Pickler said she's "doing good."
"Of course, it's hard," she added. "It's hard on your body, it's hard on your mind. It's not an easy thing to go through. But she's a strong woman and she's handled it with such grace."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite