Kelly Clarkson Too 'Busy' For Wedding, Will Elope
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: Kelly Clarkson/Twitter2 of 9
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: @kelly_clarkson/Instagram4 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 9
- Photo: SC2/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
For those lucky guys and gals invited to Kelly Clarkson's wedding, there's no need to save the date anymore! The bride-to-be just announced her plans to forgo a big ceremony because she's too "busy."
"We just got so overwhelmed by it -- all the decisions," Clarkson revealed to People magazine Wednesday of her and fiance Brandon Blackstock's decision to elope.
"I have a Christmas record coming out. I'm doing a bunch of stuff with State Farm right now. We have two kids who just started school. We're going to all these football games and soccer games and volleyball games and [Brandon]'s got one of the biggest artists [Blake Shelton] in country music. He's flying everywhere."
Though they'd already sent out invitations, the 31-year-old singer divulged that she and her fiance had already notified guests (via their engagement photo) that the fall service was off. Rather than call off the nuptials, the pair decided on an intimate ceremony with just Blackstock's two kids and the minister.
"Our whole life is a celebration," Clarkson explained. "That's what we kept laughing about. We don't need another day where we throw a big party. Our lives are so in the spotlight all the time. Everything is such a spectacle, we were like, 'We would rather have an intimate moment that's special.'"
The former "American Idol" winner announced her engagement to Blackstock last December via Twitter after the pair had been dating for one year.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite