Kelly Rowland rescued offshore while whale watching with friends
- Photo: Marcus Owen/StarTraks1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks4 of 12
- Photo: enewsimage.com/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: MWB/BSB/EXP/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: OPK/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 12
Kelly Rowland is definitely a survivor! The former Destiny's Child member was rescued offshore of Provincetown, Mass., on Friday, when the privately rented boat that she and her friends were whale watching in got caught in gusty winds.
According to the Wicked Local news site, five people, including the 32-year-old singer, were on a day trip whale watching when the boat reportedly became "disoriented in the gusty winds and high seas along with the haze which lowered visibility."
Per Wicked Local, the group were able to contact the Coast Guard at the Stellwagen National Marine Sanctuary, where TowBoat US escorted their boat back to Provincetown. All were unharmed and reportedly OK.
Indeed, an eyewitness tells Us Weekly that the "Dirty Laundry" singer was shopping in Provincetown the following day on Saturday, browsing local furniture, art, and trying out some saltwater taffy.
Rowland's due to perform at her next concert on Aug. 17 in Waco, Tex.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »