Lady Gaga and Ashton Kutcher asked to help with freeway closure
- Photo: SC2/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/Louie Angelo/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com4 of 18
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News5 of 18
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital6 of 18
- Photo: Promotional7 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: A. Miller/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Itsuo Inouye/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: NPC/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: Anthony J. Causi / Splash News/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/Louie Angelo/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com17 of 18
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have begun a massive campaign to warn drivers that California's Interstate 405 will be shut for three days in July.
They've even asked actors, musicians and athletes who are popular on Twitter.com to tell their followers to avoid the road amid fears it will cause chaos for thousands of motorists.
Lt. Andy Neiman, an LAPD spokesman, tells the Los Angeles Times, "The whole idea is just to re-message the theme of avoiding the 405 area and that it's going to be a mess if people don't stay away...
"Twitter is a way to reach that whole demographic that could be oblivious to the 405 closure for that weekend."
Gaga, Kutcher, his wife Demi Moore and Kim Kardashian have all been asked to join the Twitter campaign, while former "CHiPs" star Erik Estrada has filmed a public service announcement about the closure.
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »