Lady Gaga and Ashton Kutcher asked to help with freeway closure
- Photo: SC2/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/Louie Angelo/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 19
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com4 of 19
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News5 of 19
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital6 of 19
- Photo: Promotional7 of 19
- Photo: Promotional8 of 19
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: A. Miller/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Itsuo Inouye/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: NPC/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: Anthony J. Causi / Splash News/Splash News16 of 19
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/Louie Angelo/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com18 of 19
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have begun a massive campaign to warn drivers that California's Interstate 405 will be shut for three days in July.
They've even asked actors, musicians and athletes who are popular on Twitter.com to tell their followers to avoid the road amid fears it will cause chaos for thousands of motorists.
Lt. Andy Neiman, an LAPD spokesman, tells the Los Angeles Times, "The whole idea is just to re-message the theme of avoiding the 405 area and that it's going to be a mess if people don't stay away...
"Twitter is a way to reach that whole demographic that could be oblivious to the 405 closure for that weekend."
Gaga, Kutcher, his wife Demi Moore and Kim Kardashian have all been asked to join the Twitter campaign, while former "CHiPs" star Erik Estrada has filmed a public service announcement about the closure.
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLike Their Folks
From Crowd Ignite