Lady Gaga had to get drunk to sign her tax returns
- Photo: MKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.4 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Elle/Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Richard Beetham/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Wong Maye-E/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: Clemens Bilan/Invision/AP15 of 16
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Lady Gaga had to get drunk to sign off on her taxes this year because she was required to pay such a huge sum to the Internal Revenue Service.
The frugal pop superstar admits she hates paying out large amounts of money, and she needed a little alcohol help to face her biggest tax bill yet.
In a taped TV interview with Ellen DeGeneres set to air on Friday, the "Poker Face" singer says, "When I signed my tax returns this year, I had to get completely wasted. They were just holding me up. It’s unbelievable."
PHOTOS: Celebs With Expressive Style
The money-conscious star insists her careful habits have prevented her from buying a home: "I’m a gypsy ... I think, 'well, gosh, what a waste of money to buy a place and I’m on the road. Even though it might not seem like a big deal because I’m a pop singer or whatever, it still hurts to write a check. It’s a lot of money."
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez and DJ Zedd keep their Instagram followers guessing about the nature of their relationship on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the pop star's post-engagement glow on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »