Lady Gaga hospitalized for surgery
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG1 of 15
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: Miguel/VM/Fame Flynet4 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA/.5 of 15
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks6 of 15
- Photo: GADE/GSI7 of 15
- Photo: GADE/GSI8 of 15
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 15
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN11 of 15
- Photo: littlemonsters.com/.12 of 15
- Photo: ZWAB/SCCB/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Â© Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.14 of 15
Lady Gaga checked herself into the hospital on Wednesday to undergo hip surgery.
The 26-year-old pop superstar announced the news to her fans on Twitter. "Going in for surgery now. Thank you so much for sending me love and support," she tweeted. "I will be dreaming of you," she added.
The so-called Mother Monster announced earlier this month that a hip injury sustained during a performance had forced her to cancel the remaining dates of her Born This Way Ball tour.
A press release explaining the injury clarified that Gaga had sustained "a labral tear of the right hip" that needed surgery to repair.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Taylor's Cute Cat
Check out some of Rihanna's wackiest outfits she's been sporting lately.Watch Video »