Miranda Lambert mourns friend's death
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital2 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Us Weekly/Promotional8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com9 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Country star Miranda Lambert is mourning the death of a childhood friend.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
The singer took to Twitter to share her grief with fans, revealing she and Mark Adams had been pals since they were 9.
She wrote, "I have lost a friend I've had since 3rd grade today in a tragic accident. When will this pain end. Please pray for peace."
As followers lined up to tweet their condolences and best wishes to the singer, she later responded, "Thanks for the prayers. My friend is Mark Adams. We became friends at 9 years old. He was a great person. He is now in heaven with his dad."
And she had a very special message for her fans: "Please call your friends, especially the ones you haven't talked to In a while or maybe are not on great terms with and tell em u love em... It's so hurtful when it's too late to do that."
She wasn't the only one paying tribute to Adams: The motor racing world was also grieving his death.
Lambert's friend was bike racer James Stewart's mechanic, who was killed on Thursday morning while helping a stranded motorist in Florida.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that an SUV driven by Glen Ross II drifted onto the right shoulder of Interstate 4 and struck Adams, killing him instantly.
Stewart also took to Twitter to share his thoughts, writing in a post, "I'm in disbelief as something so tragic could happen to you while helping someone else in need... I'm stunned because Tex was such a caring & doing for others person. My heart goes out to his family."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite