Lauryn Hill says she signed with Sony to pay taxes
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Touchtone Pictures/.4 of 10
- Photo: Lynn McAfee/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: RL2/ZOB/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: RH5/ZOB/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Wonderwall9 of 10
NEW YORK (AP) -- Lauryn Hill says she has signed with Sony to pay her overdue taxes.
Hill pleaded guilty last year to not paying federal taxes on $1.8 million earned from 2005 to 2007. The 37-year-old posted on her Tumblr blog late Thursday that she "signed a new record deal, and that I did this to pay taxes."
In the post, she adds, "The nature of my new business venture, as well as the dollar amount reported, was inaccurate, only a portion of the overall deal. Keep in mind, my past recordings have sold over 50,000,000 units worldwide, earning the label a tremendous amount of money (a fraction of which actually came to me)."
RELATED: See Lauryn's full blog post
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »