Lea Michele's New Song 'If You Say So' Tribute to Cory Monteith's Final Words to Her
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 25
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 25
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP3 of 25
- Photo: Dave Spencer/Splash News4 of 25
- Photo: @msleamichele/Twitter5 of 25
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 25
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 25
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 25
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage10 of 25
- Photo: CBS/.11 of 25
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA12 of 25
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP13 of 25
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 25
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Wonderwall15 of 25
- Photo: @leamichele/Twitter16 of 25
- Photo: YouTube/.17 of 25
- Photo: @neneleakes/Instagram18 of 25
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage19 of 25
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News20 of 25
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet21 of 25
- Photo: Teen Vogue22 of 25
- Photo: Terma/SL/Fame Flynet23 of 25
- Photo: lea michele/Twitter24 of 25
"If You Say So" is named after the last words Monteith ever said to the Broadway veteran. The exchange is recounted in the song's chorus:
"It's been seven whole days without your embrace, I wanna see your face, I've got some things to say. It's just a week ago, you said I love you girl. I said I love you more. And a breath, a pause, you said, if you say so."
In addition to the song's chorus, Michele includes other agonizing details from the days following the loss of her boyfriend.
"I can't believe it's true. I keep looking for you. I check my phone and wait to hear from you. And now I never know if all I've been told is just a lie so bold. I thought that we'd grow old. Mirrors in the smoke, left me here to choke."
Monteith died at the age of 31 in his Vancouver hotel room from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol. The "Glee" cast acknowledged the painful loss in the touching tribute episode, "The Quarterback," which aired in October 2013.
"I'd sit with Cory and we'd jot down tons of notes about things we wanted to change," Michele told Us Weekly of her recording process. "I was lucky to have such amazing love. This album is the story of my past two years."
To read the complete review of Michele's album Louder, check out the new issue of Us Weekly on stands now!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »