LeAnn Rimes recalls being bullied: A girl 'brought a knife to school'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 13
- Photo: Rob Latour / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 13
- Photo: OPK/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Simon Earl/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: KH1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
LeAnn Rimes is no stranger to bullies. In an interview with "Entertainment Tonight" at an anti-bullying event in Los Angeles, the singer recalls a scary time in 6th grade when a girl brought a knife to school and tried to harm her.
"I was bullied when I was a kid -- when I was in junior high," the 30-year-old said. "A lot of girls can get real mean during the sixth grade year."
Rimes shared that she was an easy target since classmates were jealous of her budding career at the time. "I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived a lot," she shared. "My principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it."
She continued, "So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and tried to kill me! Awesome. So, I'd say I was bullied a little."
The "Where I Stood" crooner, who attended the Joico Friend Movement Benefit Concert, an anti-bullying event in LA on Monday, July 1, with husband Eddie Cibrian said that she's still a victim of bullying -- years after surviving the middle school threats.
"I've been such a target I guess for misjudgment lately, and [get] a lot of anger from some people, especially through social media," she shared. "Obviously we're [celebrities] underneath a microscope and in the spotlight all the time, but it's no reason to be able to pick apart someone the way that a lot of people do."
She added, "We're human ... this is my job, and then I have my life. But I'm a human being in both of them -- and I think people forget that a lot of times."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite