Life Sentence in Jennifer Hudson Family Slayings
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: LEON/GSI3 of 16
- Photo: AB5/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 16
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/.6 of 16
- Photo: @IAMJHUD/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
By Don Babwin
CHICAGO (AP) -- The man convicted of gunning down the mother, brother and nephew of Jennifer Hudson will spend the rest of his life in prison.
A Cook County judge on Tuesday gave William Balfour three life sentences in the 2008 killings. Balfour received 120 years for other charges. Balfour was convicted earlier this year of first-degree murder and other charges.
Hudson, an actress and singer, was in the Chicago courtroom for the sentencing.
The sentencing came after Circuit Judge Charles Burns denied a request from Balfour for a new trial.
Balfour faced a mandatory life sentence. Illinois does not have the death penalty.
Balfour was married to Hudson's sister. Prosecutors contend he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she was dating another man.
Bad Summer Looks
From Miley Cyrus to Nicki Minaj, see some of the worst summer fashion in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »