Life Sentence in Jennifer Hudson Family Slayings
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: STICKMAN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: LEON/GSI3 of 16
- Photo: AB5/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 16
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/.6 of 16
- Photo: @IAMJHUD/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
By Don Babwin
CHICAGO (AP) -- The man convicted of gunning down the mother, brother and nephew of Jennifer Hudson will spend the rest of his life in prison.
A Cook County judge on Tuesday gave William Balfour three life sentences in the 2008 killings. Balfour received 120 years for other charges. Balfour was convicted earlier this year of first-degree murder and other charges.
Hudson, an actress and singer, was in the Chicago courtroom for the sentencing.
The sentencing came after Circuit Judge Charles Burns denied a request from Balfour for a new trial.
Balfour faced a mandatory life sentence. Illinois does not have the death penalty.
Balfour was married to Hudson's sister. Prosecutors contend he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she was dating another man.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »