Lil Wayne suffers second midair medical emergency
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 11
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Rapper Lil Wayne has been released from a hospital in Louisiana after suffering a second midair medical complication in as many days.
A representative for the star downplayed a reported emergency on Thursday, insisting dehydration and a severe migraine were to blame for the rapper's midflight health scare, which prompted the pilot of his private plane to land in Texas so that Lil Wayne could seek medical help.
He was "successfully released from the hospital after being treated" and sent home to rest, according to a statement from his rep.
But on Friday, the rap star was back in the hospital following another midair emergency, this time over Louisiana.
He was admitted to Ochsner Medical Center in Kenner, treated and released, according to TMZ.
Details of his illness and condition were not available at press time.
RELATED: Lil Wayne in the hospital
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »