Lil Wayne touched by soldier's war story
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: TONY GUTIERREZ/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP15 of 16
Lil Wayne has publicly thanked an American soldier who credited the rapper's music with saving his life during a near-death experience in Afghanistan.
Lander Chappell, a Private First Class in the American Army, opened up about a horrifying incident in the war zone when he lost a leg in a roadside bomb attack and revealed singing Lil Wayne's track "Tie My Hands" helped him through the ordeal as he waited for rescue.
The hip-hop star has now acknowledged Chappell's story and thanked him for speaking out. In a post on his Twitter.com page, Lil Wayne writes, "PFC Lander Chappell, I've always known that my musik could change lives but I never knew it could save em as well. Thank u."
RELATED: 90s rappers: where are they now?
'Full House' 2
Get all the scoop on who's in and who's out for Netflix's "Fuller House," on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite