Lil Wayne touched by soldier's war story
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 16
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: TONY GUTIERREZ/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP15 of 16
Lil Wayne has publicly thanked an American soldier who credited the rapper's music with saving his life during a near-death experience in Afghanistan.
Lander Chappell, a Private First Class in the American Army, opened up about a horrifying incident in the war zone when he lost a leg in a roadside bomb attack and revealed singing Lil Wayne's track "Tie My Hands" helped him through the ordeal as he waited for rescue.
The hip-hop star has now acknowledged Chappell's story and thanked him for speaking out. In a post on his Twitter.com page, Lil Wayne writes, "PFC Lander Chappell, I've always known that my musik could change lives but I never knew it could save em as well. Thank u."
RELATED: 90s rappers: where are they now?
Nick Jonas, Hugh Jackman and more stars share videos of themselves working out for the Gimmie Five challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
See the snaps Reese Witherspoon shared from Kenya on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »