Lil Wayne's New Orleans skate park hits more snags
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 20
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.6 of 20
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 20
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.10 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage11 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.15 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Ralph Notaro / Splash News/Splash News17 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Wilfredo Lee/Invision/AP19 of 20
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Rapper Lil Wayne's skate park project in the Lower 9th Ward is off to a bumpy start.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The building that houses the park didn't pass a city electrical inspection and had to be rewired. Only a handful of children can skate at a time because of a staffing shortage. Many days, the park hasn't been open at all.
The facility's manager says it's being run mostly by volunteers as problems are smoothed over. He says Lil Wayne remains committed to the project.
RELATED: Forbes' highest paid celebs under 30
The park is in an area that was all but wiped out by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
The park is named Trukstop after Lil Wayne's Trukfit clothing line. He and corporate partners Mountain Dew and advertising firm Glu Agency announced plans for the park last September.
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello and co-stars dish on being naked and wearing thongs on the set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork News
From Crowd Ignite