Lil Wayne's New Orleans skate park hits more snags
- Photo: Owen Sweeney/Rex / Rex USA/.1 of 20
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.6 of 20
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 20
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.10 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage11 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.15 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Ralph Notaro / Splash News/Splash News17 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Wilfredo Lee/Invision/AP19 of 20
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Rapper Lil Wayne's skate park project in the Lower 9th Ward is off to a bumpy start.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The building that houses the park didn't pass a city electrical inspection and had to be rewired. Only a handful of children can skate at a time because of a staffing shortage. Many days, the park hasn't been open at all.
The facility's manager says it's being run mostly by volunteers as problems are smoothed over. He says Lil Wayne remains committed to the project.
RELATED: Forbes' highest paid celebs under 30
The park is in an area that was all but wiped out by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
The park is named Trukstop after Lil Wayne's Trukfit clothing line. He and corporate partners Mountain Dew and advertising firm Glu Agency announced plans for the park last September.
Kelly Carkson introduces her baby girl on Instagram, plus more stars who debuted their newborns on social media in 2014 on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the sexy looks Rihanna has worn to previous Grammys.Watch Video »
From Britney Spears’ body to her love life, get all the buzz on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sienna Miller, Miranda Lambert, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast of "Meet the Fockers" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Hilary's Frenchie plus more of the cutest celebri-pups to make their debut on social media in 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBody After Baby
From Crowd Ignite