Ludacris donates $50,000 to Typhoon Haiyan relief effort
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Jason Redmond/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: @itsludacris/Instagram8 of 17
- Photo: Andrea Hanks/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: @itsludacris/Instagram10 of 17
- Photo: Jean Catuffe, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images North America12 of 17
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks13 of 17
- Photo: Andrew H. Walker/GettyImages.com14 of 17
- Photo: .15 of 17
- Photo: Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Ludacris has donated $50,000 to help the victims of the deadly typhoon which battered the Philippines earlier this month.
The rapper's pledge will benefit officials at the mGive Foundation, who are distributing money to five non-profit agencies.
A statement from Ludacris, reads, "Typhoon Haiyan has hurt so many people. If we can give what we are able to help the families who have been devastated by this tragedy, we can all make a difference. You don't need to be an entertainer to help...
"The world is made up of many voices, but we are one community... We are a community of action, helping our fellow world citizens in their time of need. Suffering knows no borders. Our charity and compassion can stretch across the sea."
Typhoon Haiyan ravaged the Asian nation, claiming the lives of over 5,200 people and leaving thousands homeless.
In addition to his generous donation, the rapper is getting into the Thanksgiving spirit by giving away turkeys, collard greens and sweet potatoes to 250 families in Atlanta through his The Ludacris Foundation.
He says, "This is the foundation's 11th year giving away turkeys and distributing food boxes for Thanksgiving. I especially look forward to this time of year because it allows me to directly touch the people we are trying to help. If we all pitch in, we can help families who have unfortunately been overwhelmed by a hurting economy and possible joblessness.
"Collectively we can make a huge difference -- you don't need to be an entertainer or rich to help! Just do something small - something that says that they are not forgotten -- something that says they are not alone."
He's not the only music star digging deep this Thanksgiving -- Rihanna has also pledged $100,000 to the typhoon relief effort in the Philippines.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite