Madonna comes under fire for using N-word
- Photo: Madonna/Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: Michael Sohn/AP2 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Michael Sohn/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Apega/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images North America7 of 12
- Photo: SPH/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Instagram9 of 12
- Photo: ABFR/GSI10 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Madonna has courted controversy once again after using a racial slur on her Instagram page. The pop superstar uploaded a snap of her teen son Rocco fighting in the boxing ring on the picture-sharing website on Friday alongside the caption, "No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out! #disn-----."
After she was bombarded with complaints about use of the N-word from fans, she deleted the image, only to re-upload it with another risque comment. She added, "Ok let me start this again. #get off of my d--- haters!"
RELATED: Madonna's May-December romance with dewy dancer is dunzo
The singer later apologized in a statement, saying, "I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur...I am not a racist."
She added: "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention...It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."
It's not the first time this month the Material Girl has caused a stir after sharing photos of her eldest son - she came under fire over the New Year when the 13 year old and his pals posed for a snap holding bottles of alcohol.
Critics questioned Madonna's parenting skills online, prompting her to hit back, writing, "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humour! Don't start the year off with judgement!"
Rocco is Madonna's only child with ex-husband Guy Ritchie. She is also mum to teenage daughter Lourdes, from a previous relationship, and adopted kids Mercy and David.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite