Madonna Facing Legal Action Over Perfume Logo
- Photo: AO1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Madonna is facing legal action from an Australian artist who alleges the packaging for her debut perfume ripped off his trademarked logo.
RELATED: Madonna's Strange Health Habits
Madonna launched Truth or Dare in New York last month, but RJ Williams is upset that the "M" symbol on her scent bottle and cardboard sleeve resembles his own artwork.
Williams claims he trademarked the logo, which he is said to have used on clothing for eight years, in 2011, and he is taking legal action over what he alleges is a breach of copyright.
RELATED: Stars Who've Dated the Same Person
He tells Australia's The Sunday Telegraph, "Friends from all over the world have been calling me upon seeing the Truth or Dare by Madonna campaign to express their disgust and support.
"It's about my integrity as an artist. I do not think it should be able to be used by a giant cosmetics company."
Williams claims he has sent a legal letter to Madonna's agent, Guy Oseary, requesting the star immediately stop infringing his copyright. He has also asked to be provided with all profits made so far and enter into a license with him for future use of the symbol.
RELATED: Outrageous Celebrity Demands
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite