Madonna fan guilty in New York resisting arrest trial
- Photo: GG//Fame Flynet1 of 20
- Photo: PX1/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: WENN7 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 20
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 20
- Photo: FRANK RUMPENHORST/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 20
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: PX1/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: MU1/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Mikhail Metzel/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage19 of 20
NEW YORK (AP) — A former firefighter with a crush on Madonna has been convicted of resisting arrest outside her former New York apartment building as he spray-painted poster boards with love notes.
A jury delivered its verdict Friday in Robert Linhart's trial. He could face up to a year in jail.
Defense lawyer Lawrence LaBrew tells the New York Post that Linhart will appeal.
Linhart was arrested in September 2010. Police say he parked his SUV outside the singer's Manhattan apartment, laid out a tarp and wrote out such messages as "Madonna, I need you."
Jurors told the Post they felt it was fine for Linhart to express himself to the Material Girl. But they said they believed police testimony that he resisted arrest by flailing his arms.
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Check out Instagram newcomer Rachel Bilson's best posts thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »