Madonna returns to Malawi to launch girls school
- Photo: Leon/Retna Ltd.1 of 8
- Photo: Riccardo Gangale/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: MINDAUGAS KULBIS/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP7 of 8
LILONGWE, Malawi (AP) -- An official for Madonna's African charity says the star has arrived in Malawi to visit the girls school she is building in the impoverished country where she adopted two children.
RELATED: See more pics of Madonna
The official who could not be named because he was not authorized to speak on the matter said Madonna arrived Sunday at about 2:30 p.m. (1230 GMT; 830 EDT) on Ethiopian Airlines.
The 51-year-old celebrity was accompanied by her four children — her daughters Lourdes and Mercy, and sons Rocco and David.
Madonna adopted the Malawian-born Mercy this year after she adopted David in 2008.
The official said Madonna would take part in a groundbreaking ceremony for the girls school on Monday.
Madonna's Raising Malawi charity helps care for some of the country's 1 million orphans.
More on MSN:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Photos
From Crowd Ignite