Mandy Moore 'Absolutely Heartbroken' by DJ AM's Death
- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 5
- Photo: Retna Digital3 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Mandy Moore, who dated DJ AM for two months in 2007, expressed her grief over losing a true friend.
"I am absolutely heartbroken," she said in a statement to Usmagazine.com about her DJ AM (whose real name is Adam Goldstein), who was found dead in his New York City apartment on Friday at the age of 36. "For those of us lucky enough to have known him, Adam radiated a contagious exuberance for life and also personified the very definition of a true friend."
Moore, who married rocker Ryan Adams in March, had remained a close friend of DJ AM, and after he was badly burned in a September plane crash, she flew to his side. They rekindled their relationship for a brief period following the accident.
"To say that he will be missed beyond words is an understatement," she continued. "My heart goes out to his loved ones."
Moore, 25, wasn't the only celebrity DJ AM dated. He had a high-profile romance with Nicole Richie, who is due to give birth to her second child with beau Joel Madden, for several years beginning in 2004. They were engaged in February 2005 but split a few months later.
Richie has not yet commented on DJ AM's death.
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite