Mariah Carey: Dislocated shoulder has been 'toughest experience of my life'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Swift/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 14
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 14
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: @mariahcarey/Instagram12 of 14
- Photo: @mariahcarey/Instagram13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Mariah Carey is impressing doctors with the speed of her recovery from a dislocated shoulder because they predicted it would take eight months for the R&B superstar to bounce back.
RELATED: BING: Star comebacks
The singer was hospitalized on July 7 after she took a tumble while filming a promo for a remix of her track "#Beautiful" with rapper Young Jeezy.
RELATED: Celebs who got pregnant in their 40s
The singer admits the prolonged recovery has been "the toughest experience" ever and although she admits she's still suffering, she reveals she is healing faster than medics expected her to.
RELATED: Stars who accessorize their injuries
Taking to her Facebook.com page on Friday, Carey writes, "The last three months of my life have not been easy. Getting through this injury has been the toughest experience of my life.
"It took me three months to get to this point but thank God I was able to recover and get my arm back. It's a huge deal, it should have taken eight months and even my doctors can't believe it. It's been a long journey, the physical therapists have been incredible and I am very grateful to all of them for helping me.
"When people expected me to go 'Here I am, I'm back and everything's great!', it didn't happen because my hand was still in tremendous pain and it took this long for it to heal. I've been working day and night, and it took a lot of rest (though I did sneak in to the studio a couple o' times!) but I can finally say that I am on my way to a full recovery."
Carey previously blamed a lack of sleep for the video fall, which left her with nerve damage. She said, "Honestly, I had been working for a really long time, and you know how when you're posing... I was posing, and my arm... was shaking at that point - so it was very fatigued. And about the ninth take, the 10th take... I was on a roll darling, a roll... and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor baby, on cement."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite