Mariah Carey on Whitney Houston's Death: "Heartbroken and In Tears"
- Photo: Eamonn McCormack/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: ./Twitter16 of 17
Mariah Carey, like millions of fans worldwide, is in mourning.
The R&B superstar took to Twitter Saturday immediately after news broke that her friend and peer Whitney Houston died at age 48.
"Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston," Carey wrote. Often framed as rival divas, Carey and Houston joined forces, belting it out together in the 1998 song "When You Believe."
"My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world," Carey's tribute continued. "She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."
The cause of Houston's death is not yet known. The Grammy-winning "I Will Always Love You" singer sold over 170 million albums worldwide, and is survived by daughter Bobbi Kristina, 18.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »