Mariah Carey on Whitney Houston's Death: "Heartbroken and In Tears"
- Photo: Eamonn McCormack/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: ./Twitter16 of 17
Mariah Carey, like millions of fans worldwide, is in mourning.
The R&B superstar took to Twitter Saturday immediately after news broke that her friend and peer Whitney Houston died at age 48.
"Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston," Carey wrote. Often framed as rival divas, Carey and Houston joined forces, belting it out together in the 1998 song "When You Believe."
"My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world," Carey's tribute continued. "She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."
The cause of Houston's death is not yet known. The Grammy-winning "I Will Always Love You" singer sold over 170 million albums worldwide, and is survived by daughter Bobbi Kristina, 18.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLike Their Folks
From Crowd Ignite