Melanie Chisholm defends Victoria Beckham over glum photos
- Photo: Richard Young/Rex USA/.1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: RCD/ZO/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital4 of 16
- Photo: RCD/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: CB2/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/6 of 16
- Photo: PAULO DUARTE/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Harper's Bazaar9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Madame Figaro/.14 of 16
- Photo: Emporio Armani/Promotional15 of 16
Melanie Chisholm has defended her fellow Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham after critics branded her "moody", insisting the busy star is exhausted from her globetrotting lifestyle.
RELATED: Celebs Making Faces at Paparazzi
The British girl band reunited in London this week to launch its "Viva Forever" musical, but the wife of soccer ace David Beckham was slammed by critics for apparently failing to smile during the photo shoot.
Now Chisholm has spoken out to defend her bandmate, declaring that the mom-of-four was simply tired after making a transatlantic dash from her home in Los Angeles to attend the launch.
She tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's annoying when people say Victoria wasn't smiling or didn't want to be there. She really did. It was a flying visit and both her and Melanie [Brown] were exhausted as they'd flown in from Los Angeles."
RELATED: Hollywood's Best-Dressed Moms
"She was so tired but, among us, she was on great form. It's great that she decided to make the trip at all. She's a very busy lady and in the middle of designing a new [fashion] range. It's certainly not easy for her."
See how Sarah Michelle Gellar, Cindy Crawford and more stars celebrated Cinco de Mayo on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
'Kiss Me Quick'
Nathan Sykes addresses the One Direction feud and dishes on Ariana Grande and his new single "Kiss Me Quick."Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Do blondes or brunettes have more fun? Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara dish at the Los Angeles premiere of "Hot Pursuit."Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTlip service
From Crowd Ignite