Michael Jackson's Dad Drops Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: MICHAEL A. MARIANT/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Nick Ut/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: John Smierciak/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Doug Pizac/Invision/AP7 of 8
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's father has dropped a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the former doctor who was convicted of causing the singer's death.
Court records show Joe Jackson's request for a dismissal was granted Monday. The filings do not elaborate on a reason for dropping pursuit of the case. Joe Jackson initially filed the lawsuit against Conrad Murray in June 2010 on the anniversary of his son's death.
RELATED: Celebrity Emotional Outpourings
A federal judge dismissed the case but it was re-filed in a state court in Los Angeles. It sought civil damages against Murray for giving the singer a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol without the proper life-saving equipment.
RELATED: Parents Just Don't Understand
Murray's attorney, Charles Peckham, says Murray continues to express his condolences to Jackson's family and is glad to put the case behind him.
From Courteney Cox to Elle Macpherson, see which celebs over 45 have the hottest bikini bods.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOh, Henry!
From Crowd Ignite