Mick Jagger love letters sell for $300,000
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: PAUL BENOIT/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: MB Charles/Retna Ltd.12 of 15
- Photo: ST/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: David Dyson/Camera Press/Retna Digital14 of 15
LONDON (AP) -- Jumpin' Jack Flash! A batch of love letters written by Mick Jagger to a 1960s muse have sold at auction for $301,472.
Sotheby's says a private collector bidding by phone on Wednesday snapped up the Rolling Stones frontman's 10 letters to singer Marsha Hunt.
RELATED: Aging Rockers: Still Hot or Not?
Hunt is an American-born singer who was the inspiration for the Stones' 1971 hit "Brown Sugar" and bore Jagger's first child.
RELATED: Foxy Over 50
The letters, touching on everything from the moon landing to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, were written in 1969 from the Australian set of Jagger's film "Ned Kelly."
They had been expected to fetch between $113,000 and $161,000.
Sotheby's books specialist Gabriel Heaton said the letters reveal "a poetic and self-aware 25-year-old with wide-ranging intellectual and artistic interests."
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch this behind-the-scenes video of Seal and Heidi Klum's vow renewal.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »