Miley Cyrus: Sex Is a Beautiful, Magical Thing
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Osvaldo/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
When it comes to Miley Cyrus, nothing is off-limits.
When the 19-year-old appeared on Lifetime's "The Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" on Thursday, Cyrus explained why having frank discussions about sex shouldn't be considered taboo.
"Girls who base how much they're worth on the sexual favors they can do for somebody, that makes me really sad," Cyrus said. "Because sex is actually really beautiful."
She added: "It's the only way that we create and it's the only way that the world keep going. It's ignorant to not talk to your kids about it or make it seem like it's not as cool or magical as it actually is. If [kids] have a TV, they know what sex is. Everyone knows, so educate them.
"Let them know that they wouldn't be here without it, and it is a beautiful thing, and it is magic, and it is when you connect with somebody and it isn't how much you're worth," Cyrus continued. "Your worth isn't based on that. Your worth is based on how you feel about yourself."
Cyrus, who's been dating Liam Hemsworth, 22, since 2009, also shared some advice for young girls hoping to build their self-esteem.
"Just be who you are, and that is where your style will come from, and your attitude, and your spirituality, and your sexuality," she said. "Because it's coming from a place of love."
The "Conversation With Amanda de Cadenet" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStunning Shots
From Crowd Ignite