- Photo: Retna/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: WENN2 of 19
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage5 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN9 of 19
- Photo: Splash News10 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: RIV/Fame Pictures12 of 19
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 19
- Photo: WENN15 of 19
- Photo: Fern/Splash News16 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com17 of 19
- Photo: Grannis Photograhy/Retna Ltd.18 of 19
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/GettyImages.com19 of 19
By Kat Giantis
Sometimes, sparkly accessories don't have a deeper meaning. On Monday, Miley Cyrus finally addressed rampant speculation that the behemoth bauble decorating her all-important finger was accompanied by a proposal from boyfriend Liam Hemsworth.
"I'm not engaged," she tweeted. "I've worn this same ring on this finger since November! People just wanna find something to talk about! It's a topaz people!"
Of course, Miley herself touched off the talk last week when she shared a photo of her not-quite-pretty peach manicure, with the suspicious jewel prominently displayed on the third finger of her left hand (experts posited that the stone was a diamond and worth around $50,000).
The deeply tanned 19-year-old also flashed the ring on Saturday night while accompanying her strapping Australian beau, 22, to Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night XIII event in Phoenix.
It was surely just a coincidence that the engagement buzz began on the same weekend that Hemsworth's career-making blockbuster "The Hunger Games" hit theaters. Ahem.
Anyway, the denial is good news, both because getting hitched before you're legally able to raise a glass of champagne at your wedding is often a bad idea, and because it will spare Cyrus' friends and family from hearing her dad, Billy Ray, perform a special wedding-day edition of "Achy Breaky Heart."
Miley and Liam began dating in 2009 after falling for each other on the set of "The Last Song."
"I think we're both deeper than normal people -- what they think and how they feel," she has said of their connection. "I've never gotten along with someone so well."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Reese Witherspoon goes "Wild" on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Renee Zellweger to Mary-Kate Olsen, see more celebs who look much different than before.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian and North do their best "paparazzi face" on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAMA Carpet
From Crowd Ignite