Mindy McCready 'Happy' After Custody Battle Hearing
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: AR4/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: JOHN RUSSELL/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Good news for Mindy McCready.
The 36-year-old country star told reporters Monday outside an Arkansas courthouse that while she couldn't talk specifically about the custody hearing for her son, she was "a happy girl."
Inside the closed door session, a judge determined whether McCready, who is pregnant with twins, would reclaim custody of her 5-year-old son Zander. (It's unclear whether the judge granted her permanent or temporary custody.)
She first made headlines last week when authorities said she and her son -- whose legal guardian is McCready's mother -- disappeared from her father's Cape Coral, Fla., home Tuesday evening.
After she and her son were declared missing; she was then been ordered by a judge to bring the child back to Florida, which she was unable to do.
In an interview with the Associated Press, McCready accused her mother of abusing Zander; the child's grandmother said the claims are "absolutely not true."
After McCready and Zander were found, the singer's publicist quickly refuted claims that she abducted her son, adding that both she and Zander were "safe, healthy and comfortable."
Following Monday's closed hearing, McCready's camp issued a statement to E! News confirming that "Mindy and Zander both remain in Arkansas at this time" and that "Zander remains with a foster care family" there.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite