Missy Elliott Reveals She's Suffering From an Autoimmune Disorder
- Photo: Debby Wong/London Ent/Splash/Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Reed Saxon/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com5 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Touchstone Pictures/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures9 of 11
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
In the early part of the aughts, Missy Elliott released a string of bonkers, Timbaland-produced smashes that branded her a visionary, progressive force for hip-hop.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Find out who is moving to 'The Good Wife'
Then, radio silence. Now, a possible explanation as to why she hasn't been heard from since 2005's "The Cookbook:" Elliott tells People she's been dealing with an autoimmune disorder called Graves' disease since 2008.
Things are looking up, though! She says, "I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising ... My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months." (She'll apparently address the situation further in her upcoming "Behind the Music" episode.)
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the scoop on Bieber's NY fan frenzy
Does the recent positive health news, and Missy's willingness to discuss her condition, possibly point to a full-fledged comeback?
More proof: While she's been talking up her next album, "Block Party," for years, a recent reunion with Timbaland would at least suggest it's closer to fruition.
In conclusion: Let's hope Missy's health continues to improve, and that new music is imminent. [TheBoombox]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read all about Sorkin's new project
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite