New Trial Requested in Hudson Family Killings
- Photo: PN2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN15 of 16
The Associated Press
CHICAGO (AP) — A judge in Chicago says he'll decide next month on the request for a new trial for the man convicted of killing three members of Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson's family.
Judge Charles Burns on Friday set a July 24 date to rule on the request from William Balfour's attorneys. Cook County prosecutors and defense attorneys are expected to argue the motion that day. If the judge lets Balfour's conviction stand, sentencing is expected to follow.
Hudson's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew were killed in October 2008.
Balfour was married to Hudson's sister, and prosecutors contend he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she was dating another man. A jury convicted him last month of first-degree murder and other charges.
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the pop star's post-engagement glow on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chris Hemsworth and his daughter play at the beach on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »