New Trial Requested in Hudson Family Killings
- Photo: PN2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN15 of 16
The Associated Press
CHICAGO (AP) — A judge in Chicago says he'll decide next month on the request for a new trial for the man convicted of killing three members of Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson's family.
Judge Charles Burns on Friday set a July 24 date to rule on the request from William Balfour's attorneys. Cook County prosecutors and defense attorneys are expected to argue the motion that day. If the judge lets Balfour's conviction stand, sentencing is expected to follow.
Hudson's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew were killed in October 2008.
Balfour was married to Hudson's sister, and prosecutors contend he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she was dating another man. A jury convicted him last month of first-degree murder and other charges.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »