New Trial Requested in Hudson Family Killings
- Photo: PN2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN15 of 16
The Associated Press
CHICAGO (AP) — A judge in Chicago says he'll decide next month on the request for a new trial for the man convicted of killing three members of Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson's family.
Judge Charles Burns on Friday set a July 24 date to rule on the request from William Balfour's attorneys. Cook County prosecutors and defense attorneys are expected to argue the motion that day. If the judge lets Balfour's conviction stand, sentencing is expected to follow.
Hudson's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew were killed in October 2008.
Balfour was married to Hudson's sister, and prosecutors contend he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she was dating another man. A jury convicted him last month of first-degree murder and other charges.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »