Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo will raise son Camden in Ohio
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Vanessa Lachey/Twitter2 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: James Dupri/.4 of 6
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
See ya, Hollywood! Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are planning to raise their 7-month-old son Camden in the 98 Degrees singer's hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio. Lachey, 39, explained that the big move will happen within a few years when he appeared on Access Hollywood Live Apr. 18.
"I loved growing up in Cincinnati where I'm from. My brother's there, his kids are there, my parents are there. I really value the effect that family has on child growing up. I want Camden and other future kids we have to be around their cousins and their grandparents. That's a very important part of growing up," Lachey said. "I want to try to give him the most normal childhood he can have."
Minnillo, 32, is on board with Lachey's desire to return to the Midwest. "She's cool with Ohio," the pop star said. "We have a place there now and we spend quite a bit of time there when we can, and she also values family and what bringing up our kids there means."
The "Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)" singer will be packing his bags sooner than later, however, as 98 Degrees is touring with New Kids on the Block and Boys II Men this summer. "He's gonna come on the road," Lachey said of traveling with his son.
The doting dad added fatherhood has been "overwhelming, but all in a good way." Since Camden's September 2012 birth, the first-time parents have been relying on each other for support, he added.
"We actually don't have a nanny yet, so between her work schedule and my work schedule it's kind of like, 'All right, what do you got today? Can you watch him here?'" Lachey said of parenting with "Wipeout" co-host Minnillo. "You have to kind of schedule time to do stuff."
He continued, "As things are getting busier, now it's like, 'Okay, we've gotta have somebody help us out.' But we really wanted to be as hands-on as we could, especially early on. . . You don't want to look back and say, 'I didn't get the full experience.' The first trip we take away from the baby, I can't imagine what that's gonna be like. We're going to be excited to get away, but at the same time, it's gonna be like, 'Man . . a week away?'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStunning Shots
From Crowd Ignite