Brad Paisley to hang with Keith Urban after vocal surgery
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: People.com/Promotional5 of 10
- Photo: Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- No one has spoken to Keith Urban since his surgery last week to remove a polyp on his vocal cord.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
That's because the country star is on complete vocal rest for the next couple of weeks.
Good friend Brad Paisley has checked in with Urban, and they have plans to hang out while Urban recovers.
"We're big guitar junkies, and we wanted to get together and maybe go through some amplifiers and go through some gear," said Paisley before the CMT Artists of the Year taping on Tuesday in Nashville. "I told him, 'Let's do that. You don't have to talk. We'll get together. We'll play guitar, set up some amps, go through some tubes, try some stuff out and tweak.' I'll do all the talking, which I am very capable of. He can just nod and grunt and do whatever he's allowed to do."
RELATED: Academy of Country Music Awards 2011
Paisley said he can't imagine what it's like to not be able to talk for weeks. But he thinks Urban's wife, Nicole Kidman, should take full advantage of the situation.
"I'm sure Nicole loves it. It's got to be great for her," he joked.
Before heading into surgery, Urban posted a video for fans, thanking them for their gifts and well wishes. He said he looks forward to seeing fans in 2012.
An earlier statement from Urban's publicist called the surgery a minor outpatient procedure. Urban postponed his "All for the Hall" concert to benefit the Country Music Hall of Fame that was originally scheduled for Jan. 18. He also rescheduled the rest of his 2011 concert dates for next year.
Urban is a four-time Grammy winner with 13 No. 1 hits, including his most recent, "Long Hot Summer."
RELATED: Style Profile: Nicole Kidman
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDiva Double Date
From Crowd Ignite