Paul McCartney refuses to kill aging sheep
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: ABFR/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
Paul McCartney insists on keeping aging sheep on his Scottish farm because he can't bear to have them slaughtered.
The Beatles legend, a staunch vegetarian, admits he is a little embarrassed to have the old creatures on his farm, but would never consider having them killed.
VIDEO: Most famous celeb pets
In an interview with Britain's Radio 4, he says, "I live on a sheep farm and we shear the sheep, but they die of old age.
RELATED: Paul McCartney's life in picture
"But it can be embarrassing. People say, 'Look at the state of your sheep!' And I say, 'Yes, they're very old. There's only one alternative - to send them off to the knacker's yard [slaughterhouse].'
"They just die like we do. It's life, it's death, it's what happens. We just give them a good life and I take the wool from them."
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Chris Hemsworth and his daughter play at the beach on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »