Katy Perry: 'Russell and I won't be the new Beckhams'
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Eliot Press/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Katy Perry has vowed not to follow in the footsteps of David and Victoria Beckham by going into business with her new husband, Russell Brand, because they're too focused on their own projects.
The singer wed the "Get Him To The Greek" star last month, but has been busy promoting her latest album, "Teenage Dream," and new fragrance, Purr, while Brand has been preparing for a new movie role.
She's dismissed rumors they plan to go into business together like the Beckhams, but has praised the soccer ace and his wife for their high-profile ventures.
RELATED: Russell gushes about being in love
Perry tells Britain's News of the World tabloid, "I have no criticism for them at all. They're the ... Beckhams. They're as big as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie."
RELATED: Katy & more Web Sensation Finalists
"Our map is different. Me and Russell have different goals. He's really intensely into his book right now. He's also editing and is about to star in another film. I'm halfway through the record and about to launch my perfume, Purr. There's a lot going on."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite