Katy Perry sells famous 'cotton candy' stage outfit for charity
- Photo: RM7/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Theo Karanikos/Picture Media/WENN/Orchon/Retna Digital/Andres Otero/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP15 of 16
Katy Perry is raising thousands of dollars for charity by selling her famous 'cotton candy' stage outfit from her 2011 world tour.
The "I Kissed a Girl" hit-maker has performed in a range of wacky costumes at her California Dreams shows, and one of the most striking is a glittery red bodice encrusted with Swarovski crystals teamed with a billowing pink skirt.
The singer has dubbed the creation her 'cotton candy dress' due to its resemblance to the sweet treat - and now she's giving fans the chance to own the garment by selling it on auction website eBay.com.
The winning bidder will be personally presented with the outfit by Perry backstage at her gig in Oakland, California later this month (Nov., 2011) and will also receive VIP seats for the show.
Perry will hand the profits from the sale to international aid organization Red Cross.
In a post on Twitter.com, she writes, "Straight from Candyfornia to your closet! Bid now to benefit the RedCross!"
Bidding on the dress stood at $8,100 as WENN went to press.
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Check out the Kardashians' best swimsuit moments during their family vacation in St. Barths on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez and DJ Zedd keep their Instagram followers guessing about the nature of their relationship on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Golden Globe nominee Nicole Kidman's most memorable outfits from over the years.Watch Video »
MTV Movie Awards
Wonderwall's Briana Lane chats with Romeo, Steve-O, Booboo Stewart and more at the MTV Movie Awards!Watch Video »
Check out Drew Barrymore's craziest red carpet looks from over the years.Watch Video »