Katy Perry sells famous 'cotton candy' stage outfit for charity
- Photo: RM7/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Theo Karanikos/Picture Media/WENN/Orchon/Retna Digital/Andres Otero/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.11 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP15 of 16
Katy Perry is raising thousands of dollars for charity by selling her famous 'cotton candy' stage outfit from her 2011 world tour.
The "I Kissed a Girl" hit-maker has performed in a range of wacky costumes at her California Dreams shows, and one of the most striking is a glittery red bodice encrusted with Swarovski crystals teamed with a billowing pink skirt.
The singer has dubbed the creation her 'cotton candy dress' due to its resemblance to the sweet treat - and now she's giving fans the chance to own the garment by selling it on auction website eBay.com.
The winning bidder will be personally presented with the outfit by Perry backstage at her gig in Oakland, California later this month (Nov., 2011) and will also receive VIP seats for the show.
Perry will hand the profits from the sale to international aid organization Red Cross.
In a post on Twitter.com, she writes, "Straight from Candyfornia to your closet! Bid now to benefit the RedCross!"
Bidding on the dress stood at $8,100 as WENN went to press.
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »