Report: Robin Gibb Was Creating 'Bucket List' Before Coma
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Chris Gardner
Shortly before slipping into a coma, Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb was reportedly creating a bucket list and coming up with new song lyrics.
The U.K. Mirror reports that Gibb, who is currently in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London, in a coma as a result of pneumonia, had been making plans for the future. "He has kept an antique notebook by his bed to write down lyrics and ideas he has had floating around," a Gibb friend told the British newspaper. "He has also expressed a desire to set up a children's charity involving music. It was a 'bucket list' of things he wanted to achieve. But everyone is very worried now.
His family are taking it hour by hour, praying for a miracle. But with Robin they know never to give up."
Gibb has been sidelined with serious health problems for several years. He revealed his struggles in an interview with The Daily Mail in January, saying, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver. I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results -- to quote my doctor -- have been 'spectacular.' It's taken a toll, naturally, but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill. I've mostly felt great."
RELATED: Robin Gibb Gravely Ill
In 2010, Gibb had emergency surgery for a blocked bowel followed by another operation for a twisted bowel, his rep told CNN last weekend. He also had intestinal surgery on March 26 to remove a blood clot.
Gibb's family members are said to be holding a bedside vigil for the ailing singer. Those at the hospital include wife Dwina, 62, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, according to British news outlets.
The news of Gibb's coma was confirmed over the weekend by his official website, which posted this update: "Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through."
Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge share photos from their work trip to Hawaii on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Kendall's fabulous new fashion career on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGet Well Soon
From Crowd Ignite