Rep: Lil Wayne treated for severe migraine, not seizure
- Photo: JD3/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: John Ricard/Retna Ltd.7 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Crammed Media/Retna Ltd.9 of 10
A representative for Lil Wayne has played down the rapper's in-flight medical scare on Thursday, insisting it was a severe migraine midflight that prompted the pilot to make an emergency landing.
RELATED: Lil Wayne's tattoos
TMZ claimed the rapper suffered seizure-like symptoms while traveling on his private jet and had to seek medical treatment after making an unexpected landing in Texas.
The hip-hop star's spokesperson, however, says Wayne was suffering from a serious headache and dehydration.
A statement reads: "Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration. He is at home on doctor mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love."
RELATED: Lil Wayne's catchphrase
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRoyal Romance
From Crowd Ignite