Restraining order extended in Selena Gomez case
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com1 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com2 of 10
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks7 of 10
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) -- A civil judge has extended a temporary restraining order but refused to issue Selena Gomez a lengthier order against a man accused of stalking the singer-actress.
Superior Court Judge William Stewart says he will not grant a three-year restraining order while Thomas Brodnicki remains on a psychiatric hold unless he has assurances Brodnicki had an opportunity to be represented at a hearing.
Stewart on Wednesday extended a temporary order requiring the 46-year-old man to stay 100 yards away from the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star until a Jan. 6 hearing.
Another judge recently dropped a felony stalking charge against Brodnicki after determining prosecutors hadn't proven he had caused fear in the star.
Gomez's attorney Blair Berk argued that the civil order was the only court protection for the star.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Hunks
From Crowd Ignite