Rihanna donates $1.75M to Barbados hospital
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks1 of 17
- Photo: @Rihanna/Twitter2 of 17
- Photo: @Rihanna/Twitter3 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 17
- Photo: @rihanna/Twitter6 of 17
- Photo: Instagram7 of 17
- Photo: Ken McKay/Thames/Rex USA8 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 17
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram12 of 17
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Ki Price/Invision/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: @Rihanna/Twitter16 of 17
Rihanna has donated $1.75 million to a hospital in her native Barbados in memory of her late grandmother.
RELATED: Rihanna's fashion-forward hairstyles
The singer was left heartbroken following the death of Clara "Dolly" Braithwaite in June and now she has honored her beloved grandmother by making a huge donation to the radiotherapy department at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Bridgetown. The unit has now been renamed the Clara Braithwaite Centre for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine.
RELATED: Rihanna rents $21M Christmas getaway
Rihanna visited the facility on Saturday with her mother Monica and she says in a statement, "This was my way of giving back to Barbados, in a form of philanthropy, by assisting the QEH in its continued modernization program... I believe that this will have a huge impact on the people of Barbados. This was all done to save lives or at least extend them."
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Ice Cream Social
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »
From Chrissy Teigen to Jessica Simpson, check out the celebs rocking retro looks!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOh, Henry!
From Crowd Ignite