Rihanna sues owner of Topshop over T-shirt
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Searle/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: ImageBuzz/Fame Flynet3 of 18
- Photo: Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Palace Lee/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram/.9 of 18
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: http://instagram.com/badgalriri/Instagram14 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA17 of 18
LONDON (AP) — Racks of T-shirts bearing Rihanna's image have been on display at London's High Court, where the singer is suing a British retailer for using her image.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lawyers for the star seek damages from Arcadia Group Brands Ltd., which owns the Topshop fashion chain, after it sold shirts bearing her picture without permission.
RELATED: Rihanna dyes her hair 'ice grey-ish'
The shirts were initially sold as the "Rihanna Tank" and then — after she complained — as the "Headscarf Girl Tank" and the "Icon Tank."
Rihanna's lawyers accuse Topshop of trying to pass off the T-shirt as being approved or authorized by the singer.
The store says Rihanna is seeking legal recognition for a flawed assumption that "only a celebrity or her successors may ever market, or license the marketing, of her own character."
A hearing was held Friday.
The stars of "Orange Is the New Black" take Paris by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kylie Jenner's most stylish swimsuit posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Sarah Michelle Gellar, Cindy Crawford and more stars celebrated Cinco de Mayo on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See what Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend has to say on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian greets a giraffe, cuddles a chimpanzee and kisses a tiger cub on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bares it All
"SYTYCD" star tWitch chats waxing for "Magic Mike XXL" and raps "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" theme song.Watch Video »