Robin Gibb 'beat the odds' to pull through coma, says son
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is in good spirits after waking from a coma and is even said to be laughing and joking with his family just days after doctors gave him low odds of survival.
RELATED: Michael Douglas beats throat cancer
The music legend, who has been battling cancer, recently contracted pneumonia and slipped into a coma at a London hospital, but he regained consciousness last week after a 12-day fight for life.
Gibb's son Robin-John has now revealed that doctors didn't expect the singer to come out of the coma.
Robin-John tells ITV News, "He is completely compos mentis now, and the first thing he said to me was, 'Hi, R-J. Can you tell them my back hurts?' So we got a nurse to turn him. We said we loved each other. ... Two days before that they said they'd thrown the kitchen sink at him, that it was time to make plans because he was in God's hands and such."
RELATED: Women who've beaten breast cancer
"But he beats the odds again and they gave him an under 10 percent survival chance and he has beaten the odds. ... he really is something else."
Gibb's wife, Dwina, adds, "He is fantastic at the moment. He is laughing, he is joking, he is really happy. He just wants to get out.
"He has been very naughty because he pulled his feeding tube out, so the nurses will have to put it back in again, but he wants ice cream ... he wants all kinds of things. It's good, anyway. We played music to him for about 10 days, so we asked him if he wanted to listen to anymore music and he said no. We've bombarded him with music for about 10 days. It was very interesting ..."
RELATED: Celebs who vow to beat cancer
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite