Robin Gibb speaks out about cancer battle
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has spoken out about his battle with colon and liver cancer to dismiss reports he's been "at death's door" -- insisting the results of his chemotherapy sessions are "spectacular."
The singer was hospitalized in November, just weeks after he was treated for abdominal pains and inflammation of the colon. Subsequent reports suggested he had been diagnosed with liver cancer, but Gibb refused to shed light on his condition.
RELATED: Music's Oddest Couples
His spokesperson revealed last week that the star is undergoing chemotherapy sessions, used to kill cancer cells, and now Gibb has addressed the ongoing speculation about his health.
In a candid interview with Britain's Mail on Sunday, he says, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver."
RELATED: Sober Stars
"I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results, to quote my doctor, have been 'spectacular'. It's taken a toll but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill.
"There have been many false claims around, which I'd like to dispel. I am not and have never been at death's door. Nor do I have a team of alternative doctors, although I'm not averse to healthy remedies. I feel they can go together with conventional medicine.
"I do eat health foods and drink herbal teas made for me by Dwina, my wife."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite